Voting

Sunday, September 19, 2010

New Updates

Well, I have certainly been neglecting my blog since my last post. I think that I should be excused because of all the activities going on in my life.

On September 5, one of Meaghan's schoolmates, Tyler Schilhabel, was injured riding an ATV at the Pismo Dunes. He was paralyzed, and flown to Stanford Medical Center for surgery. Tyler was the starting quarterback for the Independence HS Falcons varsity team. Needless to say, the school was in total shock. What happened over the next week was not only a blessed miracle, but a emotionally charged example of a true community. The school, the community, and other places throughout the nation began a prayer chain that has overwhelmed almost all who have witnessed it. The school began fund raising, and there has been thousands of dollars raised for the Schilhabel family for Tyler's medical expenses. The greatest proof of God's love has been the wonderful progress that Tyler has experienced. (See the family's blog www.schilhabelstrong.blogspot.com) He is a true example of the miracle of God's love and grace.

Back to the Snyder family, I was blessed to find out last weekend that my oldest daughter, Caitlyn, and her boyfriend, Josh Hall, are going to be parents. The baby is due somewhere around May 8, 2011. They are a little overwhelmed, but very happy that this wonderful blessing will be part of our family next year.

I started back to school last week. Consequently, I will probably have less time for updates, but will continue to try and update life and the family history of my ancestors. I hope that I can continue to share stories and stats of my family for all those who are interested.

1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to write you a message for a while now, and your message on my blog reminded me! Congrats on the new baby that will be joining your/our family in May. Please keep us updated with how everything goes. My birthday is May 7 so I think the baby will be pretty great!!! Also, we would LOVE to see you when you come to New York. Jim will be doing a summer internship and we don't know if it will be in NYC or elsewhere, but hopefully we'll be here and will be able to see you! We love you. Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete